Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I've been feeling unwell for more than 2 months now. It

Customer Question
Hello. I've been feeling...

Hello. I've been feeling unwell for more than 2 months now. It started with a persistent dull headache that affected all areas of my head but especially the top of my head, forehead and back of my head above my neck. This headache persisted for about 6 weeks and was replaced by spells of llightheadedness and feelings of weakness and achiness especially in my legs but also in my arms, hands, shoulders and sometimes mouth. A couple of times I felt I was almost going to pass out. I never did, and my legs and arms are very strong - it's just that they had a very weak achy feeling inside, if that makes sense. The lightheaded episodes seemed to have let up and now I just feel generally fatigued, with very often a queasy stomach and burpiness. I haven't been able to associate my symptoms with any foods or exercise. I can mostly maintain my very active lifestyle. I just feel crsppy all the time, though. I've been to the doctor and have had blood tests, a CT head scan (for the headache) and ECG and holter testing for the heart. So far, the theory about the lightheadedness etc is that is caused by anxiety - but no firm conclusions yet. Any thoughts as to what my problem could be? I'm becoming depressed about the ongoing symptoms.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

First symptoms were 2 months ago at the end of September. Yoga, meditation, relaxed breathing exercise, healing touch (energy therapy), and sleep all help. Most of the time I sleep well, though I've had one or two anxious nights. Sometimes the symptoms come on diuring exercise, sometimes they are relieved by exercise.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My heart was thoroughly tested by cardiologists in 20o4 and found to be strong and healthy. I had hepatitis A in 2001. I had an eating disorder - quite severe bulimia - long ago from my late teens to mid- 20s. I have had mystery gastrointestinal (burping and great discomfort but no diarrhea) and also spacey lightheaded feelings in the past which doctors have told me is likely anxiety and hyperventilation.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Neurology
12/7/2017
Neurologist: DrRussMd, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

OK, so you have a diagnosis.

Your doctors have advised you.

We only answer specific questions.

What is your question about your situation, please be specific and precise and I will help.