Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having headaches off and on since February of…

Customer Question
I have been having headaches...
I have been having headaches off and on since February of this year. For a while they would come on for a few days then go away for a couple months. Lately they have been more frequent. They normally start on the left hand side of the base of the back of my head and either stay there or move up the side of my head. This can also happen on the right side but more often then not it's on the left side. When I squeeze the back of my head there's pressure and tenderness. For a while Tylenol was helping and it still does just not as much as it was. Hot showers seem to help alot and so do heating pads/ice packs. For the most part as the day goes on they seem to get a little better then I wake up in the morning and the pain starts on the back of my head/neck and just gets worse. Moving my head left to right up and down seem to bother it. I haven't been nauseous or very dizzy and haven't had a fever. Sitting up and standing up seem to aggravate it but sometimes when I move around it gets a bit better.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Neurology
12/5/2017
Neurologist: DrRussMd, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

What has your doctor diagnosed the cause of this to be?

What is your question for us?