Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

My left leg started feeling weird on Friday. I was feeling…

Customer Question
My left leg started feeling...
My left leg started feeling weird on Friday. I was feeling tingling off and on in my foot along with vibrating feeling. I've felt this before a few years ago and had injections and it seemed to stop for the most part. Since then my legs have just felt kind of weak. My muscles in my butt and hips are sore and tender especially in the pirirformis area. I still feel vibration feeling in my left leg along with twitching in that same butt cheek. I had my flu shot on November 22 and I'm so worried that this is guillain barre. Would it of progressed by now? Could this be sciatica? I just get this weird cringy feeling in my butt muscle area and its sore to even touch from trying to massage it.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Neurology
12/5/2017
Neurologist: Dr. David, Board Certified MD replied 8 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified MD

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

do you have bad anxiety symptoms?

often times twitching of small nerves and muscles under the skin in the legs and arms is due to benign fasciculations which can be caused by bad anxiety symptoms, dehydration, lack of potassium in the diet, lack of exercise, muscle fatigue, lack of sleep.

tingling in the feet and vibration sensation can be due to poor circulation due to lack of exercise and lack of flexibility.

stretching, yoga, and regular exercise can improve circulation in your body.

are you able to do some regular exercise?

I've I'd anxiety lately because I'd the feeling in my legs and I'm really scared I have guillain barre.

these are not symptoms of guillian barre

you don't have to worry

are you on treatment for bad anxiety symptoms currently?

No, no treatment. I do have pills but choose not to take them as my health anxiety comes and goes. So you think worrying and concentrating on my legs would make me feel like they feel worse than they do? I also have been bad about exercising. I mean I'm up cleaning house and taking Care of 5 boys everyday but I don't necessarily exercise.

yes, focusing too much on your legs with bad anxiety symptoms can magnify small symptoms and make you worried.

you need to try to find sometime for you to exercise, to destress, take deep breaths

even if it is a quick 30 minute fast walk around the neighborhood, swinging your arms and taking deep breaths.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

do you have other questions?

Lack of exercise can cause muscle fatigue? That could be causing my aching legs? Also when I lay on the side and bring my outside knee up and twist, my lower back pops alot. Could this be my hip popping? Thank you for your answers

muscle fatigue can be caused by many causes.

achy legs can be due to your dead lifts and training which causes lactic acid to build up in your legs

it sounds like you would benefit from some yoga or ROMWOD to improve stretching and range of motion.

lower back popping is most likely from bones and disks stretching in your lower back

this over time can help improve flexibility which is important. and decrease risks for injury

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com