Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

M. my mum had a hemorrhagy 20yr ago but doctors couldn't…

Customer Question
Hi there my mum...

Hi there my mum had a Brian hemorrhagy 20yr ago but doctors couldn't operate because it was to dip is she safe to fly 4 hr flight? thanks

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

High blood pressure to!

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Any other symptoms?

More then 20yrs

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Neurology
12/5/2017
Neurologist: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 7 months ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns related to your mom.

I see your mom had a bleed in the brain about 20 years ago and you have inquired whether it is safe for her to fly for 4 hr. As a neurologist I am very familiar with this type of health situation and I can certainly help you in this regard.

Yes, she can certainly do flight journey now

Since the bleeding was very long ago (about 20 years ago) so flight journey is certainly not contraindicated now, even if it was not operated, she is safe to do flight journey now

If she had a fresh bleeding just recently then it is may not be safe to do flight journey but in her case the bleeding occurred very long ago about 20 years back, so flight journey should not be of any issue now. Even more than 4 hour flight journey too okay as long as there was no recent bleeding in the brain.

Once again to your main question, yes, your mom can certainly do flight journeys and there are no contraindications now since the bleeding occurred about 20 years ago, so it is certainly safe for her to do flight journeys now.

Wishing your mom a pleasant flight journey!

Wishing you all the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further.

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Hi, once again I can confidently reassure you, your mum can certainly do flight journeys now, and it is safe to do so, as discussed earlier.

Do you have any additional health questions? Do you want to discuss this further? Please let me know and I am available here.

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD