Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

My wife woke up yesterday with some pain and swelling in her…

Customer Question
My wife woke up...

My wife woke up yesterday with some pain and swelling in her left leg. As the day went on the swelling increased. She didn't experience any trauma. She does not want to put any pressure on her leg. The swelling has subsided some today and the pain seems to be less. Should we be concerned of a blood clot or something? The swelling is consistent from her left hip down to her foot.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

She has been placing ice on her knee and calf, which seems to help.Yes the entire leg is very swollen.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

As far as i know, she has never experienced anything like this.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Neurology
12/3/2017
Neurologist: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 7 months ago

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

What part of her leg is swollen and any change in skin color?