Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery, 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I was driving the other day and came to a stop sign and

Customer Question

I was driving the other day and came to a stop sign and moved my head to the right and my vision got blury for a split second. I do have anxiety issues and im hoping that it is due to that...
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?
Customer: About 2 years but it doesnt happen everyday. Usually happens when i get all worked up and on the edge. Laying down usually works.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When an episode happens, my anxiety gets worse and i feel tired and weak and lightheaded like im going to fall down
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

What is your age and gender?

Do you have any previously diagnosed medical conditions?

Let me know.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
39 year old male. I only have been diagnosed with anxiety.

Blurry vision like that on sudden head movement can be due to benign paroxysmal position vertigo, which is cause by inner ear canal microliths. This can be corrected by a maneuver called Epley's maneuver which can be performed in the doctor's office and this takes care of the problem.

Something like this can also be cause by low blood sugar levels or high caffeine levels, lack of sleep or stress and fatigue. But anxiety seldom manifests in the form of blurry vision.

I would suggest that you schedule a visit to your PCP and have yourself evaluated.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!