Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

My husband is having rather serious problems remembering…

Customer Question
My husband is having...

My husband is having rather serious problems remembering many things, so he ordered the highly recommended "Enhance Mind IQ". He is on Aricept, and we wondered if it is safe to take the Aricept with the Enhance Mind IQ"?

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have frequent headaches? Any issues with coordination or balance?

No.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My husband is 79 now, and in quite good health. He was struck by a motorcycle in a show, and left for dead, but in the hospital later in Austria for a long time. He did have quite a blow on the face and head. Years later he had an incident where he couldn't remember anything for probably 18 hours. They weren't sure what the problem was but treated him with Tegritol feeling it was an epileptic incident. Later on he quit taking it and seemed fine except for a few incidents. A few years ago he had a Triple A operation. The clot which began the incident was

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?

Serious No he survived the whole thing well, AND has not had many problems. He walks and keeps busy, but the memory is failing. He keeps trying with everything, eats right and weighs around 153 and is 5ft 7inches. He is from Yugoslavia , but is German , and his people were in Tito's concentration camp for four years , escaped when 11 yrs.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Neurology
12/2/2017
Neurologist: drphophalia, Other replied 4 months ago
drphophalia

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

He should avoid taking Enhance mind IQ for these reasons;

1) The ingredients are not clear in the product description. So it is difficult to ascertain the drug interactions.

2) Majority of the supplements do not have clinical studies with the drugs; so many times drug interactions cannot be predicted as there are nos scientific trials done.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

drphophalia
drphophalia
drphophalia, Other