Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I just received MRI results showing small enhancing

Customer Question
Hi I just...

Hi I just received MRI results showing small enhancing intrathecal math in the lower thoracic spine measuring 6 to 7 MM representing a minute Gioma or nerve sheath tumor I had an MRI February 2017 that states it's unchanged However it was more apparent on the scan due to the type of IV contrast I was given I am freaking out. Suggest a follow up spinal MRI which I'm waiting for that script and then I will schedule that immediately please give me some insight

Doctor's Assistant: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I had these MRIs due to liver hemangiomas that liver specialist is following me for. I have mild to moderate back pain and leg pain

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Neurology
11/28/2017
Neurologist: Dr. SH, Physician replied 7 months ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.

This is a very tiny mass that you are talking about which is MOST LIKELY not the cause of symptoms that you have mentioned.

So I would not worry whatsoever.

I do not think that this is going to be anything serious or anything to worry about.

It is just an incidental finding and such findings are very common on MRIs.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end when you are done asking.
Kindest regards

Ok so what is your opinion of these results?

My opinion is that it is just a benign or harmless tiny mass and this should not be something of any concern.

99.9% chances that this is not going to progress to anything serious.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Kindest regards

7MM is considered small on the spinal cord? A bit of research I've done so far with conflicting to that thing that that large for a spinal cord mass?

It is a small mass even in the spinal cord.

I think that all that needs to be done in your case is to monitor it by 6 monthly or yearly MRIs.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Kindest regards