Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I am 60 years old ,I am having a pain in myleft. It's been…

Customer Question
I am 60 years...

I am 60 years old ,I am having a pain in myleft

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

It's been two weeks putting a weight on it make it worse it's my heel

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have a kidney stone in my right kidney only ,left one is perfectly fine

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Neurology
11/28/2017
Neurologist: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Can you please clarify- Do you have pain in left heel?

Does pain become severe at rest and goes away while you walk?

Swelling in affected foot?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

It's in my heel

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problem.

Well, it sounds to be plantar fasciitis, this is inflammation of a thick band of tissue across the bottom of your foot.
Firstly you should do stretching, you can apply ice packs and take Tab motrin twice a day for pain .If these are not helping, then splint can be applied
Splint will holds the plantar fascia and Achilles tendon in a lengthened position overnight and facilitates stretching.

You can take help from Physical therapist ,it includes various modalities like - Short wave diathermy, Infra red ,Wax therapy.
Also Strong prescription anti-inflammatory medications can be prescribed.

In few cases corticosteroid medications are given.
When all such treatments fails, then doctor advise for- Extracorporeal shock wave therapy.

I would recommend that you visit your doctor and get appropriate management.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh