Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

Dr. I have had behcets diseasefor 33yrs.i am 65.i am legally

Customer Question

dr.mark I have had behcets diseasefor 33yrs.i am 65.i am legally blind however my eyes have bien stable for 20yrs.from 2000 on I was having problems with fatigue.at 1st it would last for 3 days.in2009 it was lasting 8 days.in 2012 a doctor started giving me 115mgs im solumedrol.that was a majic bullit.in aug.2016 my pcp.stopped giving them to me because he didn't know anything abou behcets.from mar.2017 to june 2017.i had attacks every mo.on june 28th 2017 I lost my balance and it hasn't come back.no one knows what to do.have you seen this before? chuck.
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: vis
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: vision is good in left eye.prothstic in right.i paid my ow n money to see dr.narsig rao at keck hos
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
nothing else in my medica history.eye press 17.aug.22 2017.mri. and mra reveal nothing
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr Subbanna MD replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions. The expert to whom this question was initially addressed is not available now and the company has made this question available for other experts too, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I am sorry to hear about your health in the form of Behcet’s disease, and also the complications associated with this disease. As a neurologist I frequently diagnose & treat this type of health situation and I can certainly help you in this regard.

As you may be already familiar Behcet’s disease is an inflammatory disease with immunological basis and patients with this disease present with various neurological and non-neurological manifestations and many of the symptoms are recurrent in nature too.

The various neurological manifestations that a patient with behcet’s disease may include one or more of the following;

Aseptic meningitis (inflammation of the brain coverings called as meninges but without involvement of the brain)

Brainstem meningoencephalitis (inflammation of the brain tissue in the brainstem area, as well as inflammation of the covering around the brain called as meninges)

Cranial nerve palsies (such as optic neuropathy affecting the vision)

Myelitis (spinal cord involvement)

Epilepsy (seizures)

Peripheral neuropathy (irritation of the peripheral nerves in the legs or arms or both)

Cerebral venous thrombosis (clots formed within the venous drainage system of the brain) etc.

Not the same patient generally and luckily experiences involvement of all these neurological systems, but the above are the various possible neurological conditions a behcet’s patient may experience.

Please see if someone is having behcet’s disease, and also having neurological manifestations such as you, then you need to be seeing a neurologist on regular basis for the proper diagnosis and care of your health conditions. It sounded to me you are seeing your primary care dr, but not a neurologist, please see seeing a neurologist is the correct approach in these situations since neurologists are very familiar with the diagnosis and management of behcet’s disease.

I see you are also having now new manifestation in the form of balance issues which unfortunately has not improved so far, in addition to the other manifestations you had been having including fatigue etc. And I see steroid (solumedrol) used to help you but sadly you have not been receiving it for long time now.

Please see the most prudent thing to do now is to see a neurologist so that you can receive a thorough neurological examination in the clinic followed by relevant neurological investigations and then treated appropriately. The treatment will include intermittent courses of steroid solumedrol as necessary, and also if required maintenance immunosuppressive therapy with one of the agents mentioned below (to prevent future complications);

Methotrexate

Azathioprime

Mycophenolate

Thalidomide etc

Please see this type of health situation can be diagnosed & successfully treated, so please not to be scared or not to lose hopes, an early diagnosis and treatment gives the best chance for quick & complete recovery - so please try to see a neurologist asap and also try to undergo a thorough neurological examination & neurological investigations as discussed above, followed by appropriate treatments that will include steroid solumedrol, along with one of the immunosuppressive medications mentioned earlier above to help in preventing any complications that may occur in the future.

Wishing you a quick & complete recovery! And also Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further.

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Hi, Do you have any additional health questions? Do you want to discuss this health situation further? Please let me know and I am available here.

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD