Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

All of the sudden as I was watching TV and also using my…

Customer Question
All of the sudden...

All of the sudden as I was watching TV and also using my computer my ears stopped up, I was nauseated, and felt as though I might be dying, wasn't sure I could walk but I had to get to the bathroom where I had already had loose b.m. ( have had 4 of those earlier today and was given two small capsules of Immodium-had to take off my panties and pad lining and dunk them in the commode, didn't get it on my p.j's.) I am

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?

88 and my husband is 93, we live in an assisted living in Provo Utah.No, I have not had a cold nor the flu and have very good hearing except what happened at 10:00 PM mtn. time. If this is where you have to pay I can't do that as my younger son in TX does all our financial business now. Perhaps you could direct to a good non-paying site on the computer .

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

WE have a doctor that comes to this facility, saw us Friday. I do have many problems but they are pretty well taken care of, this is a once in a lifetime thing that happened tonight. I have lichen sclerosis and use I % steroid for that, also take blood pressure meds. When they have seasoning and marinades here I try to avoid them but can't always because you do have to eat. Sometimes I just don't take the tasty buns because I know wheat flour is not like it used to be and should be avoided, not always gluten allergy. I have a pacemaker, had a very mild heart attack on the day Howard Keel died, was in the hospital waiting for the doctor to do I learned later a stent which I would have refused but the

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Neurology
11/26/2017
Neurologist: Dr. David, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified MD

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you had this episode of nausea and not feeling well

having loose stools can cause these symptoms.

is the imodium working

you may need to drink more water and fluids to help prevent dehydration.

as we get older, we can not tolerate milk and lactose well

and gluten and wheat products and white flour can irritate the bowels.

you may need to avoid these foods to help prevent the loose stools

let me know if you have questions.