Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

My husband has a very sore thigh muscle, it's not from

Customer Question
Hi my husband has a...
Hi my husband has a very sore thigh muscle, it's not from working out or anything, and it hurts the most when lying down. It's his outer front thigh muscle. It's a deep aching pain that came on very suddenly. His knee is a little red. He's 38 and has a physical job. Could it be deep vein thrombosis?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Neurology
11/25/2017
Neurologist: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 5 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

A DVT is a possibility but so is goit. A pinched nerve in the back is another possibility. If the knee is red it could be that he injured the thigh muscle at the insertion of the knee cap. That could cause redness and pain up into the thigh. Is he able to get seen by his doctor anytime soon?

possibly, he is working all weekend. Does DVT pain get worse when laying down?

Not necessarily. With a DVT the whole leg starts getting quite swollen after a few hours and there is often no redness associated with it.

Oh ok, this has been going on a week and the pain is pretty consistent, not worse or better

I think it would be good to have him get seen and examined. That often will reveal what the cause is and the proper tests can then be done.

Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)