Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Im not sure I was searching your website i have Cervical…

Customer Question
Im not sure I...

Im not sure I was searching your website i have Cervical degenerative disc disease and tried to do a few body movementts on Tuesday. The las two or three days the muscle in the right side of my neck seems to have spasmed. I was worried it could be a dissection of some sort...

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?

Only a burning sensation on my back between my spine and shoulder blade. I haven't noticed numbness or tinging other than when I sleep.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I've had a CT scan of my head and it was negative. I have only had X-ray and MRI of my neck in the last 3 months. Thats when DDD was discovered.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Neurology
11/24/2017
Neurologist: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

are you having any weakness to either arm or problems with speech?

no, my right shoulder is sore as well, i have some hightness in my right ear
...i wasn't sure if its soreness from streetching and moving 3 days ago or something worse.

does not sound like carotid or vertebral artery dissection which would have neurological changes such as difficulty in speech or arm weakness or loss of balance.

Also due to location down in shoulder blade, this sounds more like rhomboid spasm, so heat and gentle stretching should resolve it.

Does that help answer your question?

Did I help answer your quesiton and do you any any further questions?