Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

My "pointer finger" feels odd. There really isn't a cut or

My "pointer finger" feels odd. There...
My "pointer finger" feels odd.
There really isn't a cut or anything on it. But at the top and in ward on finger a little I have been experiencing an odd feeling for the last 24 hours.
It feels tight and itchy. Irritated and itching the skin itself actually helps sometimes. I guess it's a little more read and a tad swollen and just wondering what's going on here.
I did play basketball last night but not sure I hit it. Again, it's a strange tight irritated feeling without a cut or scratch I guess.What could this be ??
Thank you !
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I guess it looks a little more irritated.
I am experiencing dry skin also.
11/24/2017
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions. I had answered health question for you before too and I am very glad to help you again with your health concerns.

I am currently preparing & typing my answer and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready.

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Ok thank you Dr!

You are very welcome!

I have very carefully checked & studied the pictures you have posted here.

I see you have been feeling some itching and irritation, tight feeling in the area of the pointer finger you have mentioned above

I am really unable to see any significant changes in the pointer finger compared to the other fingers

There are really no pathological changes anywhere in the pointer finger

There is no evidence for any external injury or internal injuries

If you are concerned there could be some kind of injuries to the internal structures such as arteries, or veins or nerve, or bone structures etc in the finger, please see there is definitely no suspicion for any such internal damage

This may be some minor irritation occurred during the basketball game, but went unnoticed by you initially since it was very minor irritation, certainly nothing major in nature.

This is expected to heal soon

If the itching or irritation is very annoying then you may use over the counter skin preparations such as Hydrocortisone cream or Benadryl Itch Relief Spray Extra Strength etc and this should help

Once again I can categorically reassure you, there is absolutely no evidence for any kind of external or internal injuries in the area of the pointer finger you have mentioned above, and this is expected to completely heal very soon, so please not to be scared.

Wishing & reassuring you a quick & complete recovery! And also Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I should rest easy an no longer worry about my finger and the feeling ?
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
This may be way out there and anxious, but things like flesh eating bacteria do not happen this way ??

Yes, certainly, there are absolutely no internal injuries of any kind, so you can definitely rest easy, it will fully resolve and very soon.

And this has absolutely nothing to do with any flesh eating bacteria, certainly not.

Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Does that usually occur with still water and deeper wounds ?
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I just want to thank you for you in depth and clear response and help. Really thank you so much.
Happy thanksgiving and God bless you for your help !

You are very welcome! My pleasure!

I appreciate the compliments too!

Please see flesh eating bacterial infection is extremely rare condition and it may rarely occur when there is a deep wound and also it occurs if the person has reduced immunity, diabetes, poor circulation etc, otherwise it is not expected to occur.

With the type of minor benign external injury you are having flesh eating disease is impossible to occur, absolutely no chances of this condition in you.

Happy thanksgiving to you too!

Wishing you all the very best!

Thanks & Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thank you Dr ! Have a good one

You are very welcome! You too have a good one!

Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)