Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a pinched and very inflamed nerve between my l5 and…

Customer Question
I have a pinched...

I have a pinched and very inflamed nerve between my l5 and s1. I'm also 24weeks pregnant. Can I get a cortisone shot if I go to the Er.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?

I don't know what that is. My Dr knows I see a chiropractor but that did nothing today. And I've moved cities since last I saw him.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No just that I'm pregnant

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Neurology
11/23/2017
Neurologist: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Yes, you can get cortisone shot during pregnancy and at 24 weeks it is safe and usually locally injected in case of pinched nerves so i would recommend you to see your doctor and discuss getting steroid shot if no other medicine works. You can try capsaicin cream over the area along with taking tylenol orally as you can not take other analgesics during pregnancy.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Please let me know if you have followup questions.