Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Three weeks CPR was performed on me. Since then I have had…

Customer Question
Three weeks CPR was...

Three weeks CPR was performed on me. Since then I have had terrible pain in my sternum. Hiccups or burping is excruciating. I cant sleep except for on my back and the pain wakes me within two hours. Could something have broken during CPR?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

No recent injuries. The pain is constant. Not moving or lifting anything makes it a little better. Wore a seat velt the other day and have now had 2 days of horrific pain.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have RSD in my left leg and have had bilateral sympathectomies and take oxycontin daily.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Neurology
11/23/2017
Neurologist: drphophalia, Other replied 8 months ago
drphophalia

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

You need x-rays of chest (AP and lateral views) and if possible a CT scan to evaluate the pain.

CPR can break the rib cage and injure intercostal muscles.

These investigations will ascertain the cause of pain.

Mild massage, local analgesic cream, acupuncture and Motrin, meanwhile may help you.

Is this helpful to you?

Nothing said that wasnt read online

We experts don't know what you already know, unless you tell us.

Search engines can give good information to good searchers.

If there are any specific question, you have, I would be happy to address them.