Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Can you please read this report and explain it to me please…

Customer Question
Hi can you please read...
Hi can you please read this report and explain it to me please thank you
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Neurology
11/20/2017
Neurologist: Writing_Coach1,
 replied 5 months ago
Writing_Coach1

Hi! Welcome to JA!

Neurologist: Writing_Coach1,
 replied 5 months ago

First, you may want to consult in the medical group for a double take, but I think this one is pretty easy to understand, especially for experts who have gone through a very similar situation. :) The first part of the report says that there is a possibility for osteopenia based on the findings on T-12. T-12 is a thoracic vertebrae and you can see it here on 3D http://www.innerbody.com/anatomy/skeletal/t12-12th-thoracic-vertebra. I will have to continue to send you chunks of info before they lock me out, so wait for the next one

Neurologist: Writing_Coach1,
 replied 5 months ago

The suggestion of osteopenia means that, even though the bone marrow (the stuff that is inside the bone) has decreased, there is no suggestion for osteoporosis. This means good news, in a way, because osteoporosis is hard to revert, or make better. There are new bone medicines for females that help them recover a portion of their receding bone marrow, BONIVA is one of them. Here is a link on osteopenia. https://www.webmd.com/osteoporosis/tc/osteopenia-overview#1. The report also shows that there is fluid in the area where the missing bone marrow is. This is what they talk about the "edema." However, it also shows that the amount seems to point at an injury to the area rather than to something degenerative such as osteoporosis. Was there injury done? Did someone fall? Those may be possibilities. Even something as simple as chronic bad posture can contribute.

I meant to send this to a neurologist can you please send
Neurologist: Writing_Coach1,
 replied 5 months ago

Let me see if I can look one up

Neurologist: Writing_Coach1,
 replied 5 months ago

give me a sec

Thankyou
Neurologist: Writing_Coach1,
 replied 5 months ago

OK. I referred your question to Dr.Gehring directly. Let us know if you still need help.

Thank you for using JA!

Neurologist: Writing_Coach1,
 replied 5 months ago

I will now "OPT OUT" this q' so that Dr. G can answer it once he gets it. :) Thank you for using JA.

Neurologist: HomeworkPro,
 replied 5 months ago
HomeworkPro

Dear Customer,

Thank you for coming to Just Answer. The other Expert you were speaking to has opted out. May I help you?

Thank you.

Neurologist: HomeworkPro,
 replied 5 months ago

Dear Customer,

Do you still require help with this question?

Thank you.

No thank you
Neurologist: HomeworkPro,
 replied 5 months ago

Dear Customer,

Thank you for telling me. I will remove this question from the list. Thank you and please have a great new day!

Thank you
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)