Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Thank you for taking my questions. I am a 56 year old male…

Customer Question
Hello. Yes and...

Hello. Yes and thank you for taking my questions.
I am a 56 year old male with complaints of progressive cognitive decline over the last 3 – 4 years.
Had an MRI (Sagittal T1 and FLAIR images supplemented by axial T1, T2 and FLAIR images) performed on 7/18/2017. The following statement appeared on the report “ There is moderate cortical sulcal/ventricular prominence”. My neurologist told me it was age appropriate atrophy and offered no suggestions for any additional tests. Also, he did not personally examine the MRI. Do you see any problems with this or should I be seeing a different neurologist?

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have frequent headaches? Any issues with coordination or balance?

Constant low-grade headaches. Sometimes balance issues.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Daily on the headaches. No nausea. Was also diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroiditis, sub-clinical hyperthyroidism, and hypothyroidism (via labs, ultrasound, and RAI uptake and scan). Not sure how long I had this but could have been a few years.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Also developed tinnitus at some point. Have had anxiety for many years.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Neurology
My neurologist also sent me for a neuropsyc evaluation, which I attached a redacted copy of. After he read it, he told me that my issues were behavioral and referred me back to psychiatrist.
I am also attaching a redacted copy of my brain MRI.
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/19/2017
Neurologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

still need help?

I do. Please review what I had already typed and sent in.