Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

I keep having these episodes about twice a day now. Extreme

full pressure feeling in head...
I keep having these episodes about twice a day now. Extreme full pressure feeling in head not like a headache no pain at all just a lot of pressure and ears feel full and jaw feels heavy and back of neck at the base of head feels numb. Feels like head is going to pop. What could this be? cat scan came back normal. Also happens with yawning a lot to. Thank you
11/18/2017
DoctorAnil
DoctorAnil, MD with 30 years of experience

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age and gender?

Associated stuffy nose,clogged ears?

Dizziness?

Prolonged hours of computer or mobile use?

Have you monitor your blood pressure?

Phlegm at back of throat?

Are you taking any medications?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Difficulty in opening mouth?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I’m 27 yr old female. No stuffy nose. Ears feel clogged only when these attacks happen. No prolonged hours of computer or phone use. Bp seems to be normal. No phlegm. No medications. Been suffering everyday for about three weeks now. When the attacks happen yes there is difficulty opening mouth

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,possible causes may include Ear infection,Mastoiditis(inflammation of mastoid bone),TMJ disorder,Cervicogenic in origin.

You should do gentle massage with muscle relaxant ointment on affected area and apply warm compresses.

Also take OTC Motrin and Claritin.

Do nasal saline spray and nasonex spray.

You should do gentle neck stretching and strengthening exercises.

If pain is getting worse over the time then visit emergency room or see your doctor for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

DoctorAnil
DoctorAnil
DoctorAnil