Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I am a 44-year-old female that had a severe migraine. I went…

Customer Question
I am a 44-year-old...

I am a 44-year-old female that had a severe migraine. I went to the er last night with these symptoms. The doctor noted that my cat scan was clear except for signs of atrophy of the brain. Should I be concerned, or seek additional medical care?

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

I have had a few migraines in the past, but not this severe. Yes, I vomited twice.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am on levothyroxine .05 mg. As well as triamterene 37.5 mg. My blood work came back normal except for low potassium. I take 99mg a day of K, and so the doctor suggested I double the dose.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Neurology
11/17/2017
Neurologist: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 8 months ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I see your CAT scan of the brain has showed atrophy finding. As a neurologist I very frequently read & interpret brain scans such as CAT scans and I can certainly help you in this regard.

First I need to ask few questions so that I can gather more information related to your health concerns and I will follow up with you and post my questions here ASAP. I am typing the questions now and I will follow up with you as soon as I am ready with my questions.

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Kindly answer to these questions, this will help me in gathering additional information related to your health concerns;

1) Do you have a copy of the cat scan report, if yes, could you upload the report here so that I can check the report myself?

2) If you are not having a copy of the report with you could you tell me whether the er dr mentioned how much atrophy was present on the cat scan?

3) Are you having any issues with your cognitive functioning such as progressive memory loss, progressive speech difficulties, or any other cognitive dysfunction?

4) Do you have a history of early age onset dementias in the family?

Kindly reply

Best Regards!

Hi, have you received the questions I have posted above? I hope you are not encountering any technical glitches to reply to me. If you require more time it is perfectly fine and I will wait here. Kindly try to reply to the above questions when you can, and I can certainly help you with your concerns you have mentioned above related to the CAT scan finding.

Best Regards!