Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

My son got hit playing basketball on his right ear and

Customer Question
My son got hit...

My son got hit playing basketball on his right ear and immediately said he couldn’t hear out of that ear. No pain other than when he chews it hurts a little he said. Not sure if that will clear up on it’s own? What could of happened?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

He just got hit 2hrs ago. Pain is minimal. It only hurts when he chews or lays in that side

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Neurology
11/16/2017
Neurologist: Richard Han, Board Certified MD replied 8 months ago
Richard Han
Richard Han, Board Certified MD
Hello my name is***** am a board-certified pediatrician and I am happy to help you. Just a few questions. How old is your son? How long ago did this occur? Did he fall down and strike his head on the ground at all after getting hit by the basketball?