Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

14 MONTHS AGO I HAD A CYNOVIAL CYST PRESSING ON MY NECK

Customer Question
14 MONTHS AGO I...

14 MONTHS AGO I HAD A CYNOVIAL CYST PRESSING ON MY NECK SPINAL CHORD WITH TINGLING AND NUMBNESS IN BOTH HANDS. SURGERY WAS PERFORMED TO REMOVE CYST. AFTER SURGERY BACK TO NORMAL. HOWEVER LAST 3 WEEKS MY RIGHT HAND ONLY ( 3 FINGERS THUMB, INDEX AND MIDDLE FINGER TINGLING AND NUMB 24/7 COULD IT BE CARPAL TUNNEL OR WORSE ANOTHER CYST OR LAST YEARS CYST COMING BACK.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?

3 WEEKS JUST RIGHT HAND AND ONLY 3 FINGERS

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Neurology
11/15/2017
Neurologist: drphophalia, Other replied 8 months ago
drphophalia

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

This is very likely to be carpal tunnel. A recurrence would have caused symptoms on both the sides.

An MRI of the wrist and a nerve conduction velocity study (NCV) can confirm it.

Following is the comprehensive treatment protocol or carpal tunnel syndrome:

1) Therapeutic ultrasound and shortwave diathermy

2) Wrist splints with the wrist joint in neutral or slight extension (to be worn at nighttime for a minimum of 3-4 wk).

3) Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs); Brufen 400 mg twice a day.

4) Gabapentin 100 mg twice a day.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.