Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I am a 78 year old female who has recurring stabbing pains…

Customer Question
I am a 78...

I am a 78 year old female who has recurring stabbing pains in the bright temple, eye, and side if face. These stabbing pains can last a day to 5 days, occurring about 20 seconds apart. Usually happens monthly. I also have had rheumatoid arthritis fir 20 years but seldom have symptoms since administration of enbrel weekly. itis

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

It started today and has been occurring intermittently for about 3 hours.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing other than rheumatoid arthritis and basal cell cancer surgery upcoming.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Neurology
11/13/2017
Neurologist: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 9 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Do you have associated nausea?

Do you see flashes of light?

Do you suffer from anxiety or severe stress?

Any investigations so far?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

Dear,

Thanks for staying Online.

Well, it sounds to be tension headache.

Tension headache is the most common type of headache.It can be caused by tightened muscles in the back of the neck and scalp or in most cases the cause is unknown.
It often respond well to massage therapy and stress reduction techniques such as breathing exercises and meditation.

You should not get overtired or skip meals.

You should not work on computer for more than half an hour in a single stretch.

Regular exercise and relaxation are also important measures to help reduce stress and tension that may be causing headaches.

You can learn relaxation techniques; yoga is particularly helpful because it can relax both your mind and your neck muscles

Also, medications like- tricyclic antidepressant such as amitriptyline is very useful.

Also, A heating pad or warm shower may help; Some people feel better with a short nap or light snack.

Please use above measures, and get it clinically evaluated by your primary doctor.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?

I am ONLINE for your help.

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

If you are done,then please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh