Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I had pins and needles all over but now it has got worse I…

Customer Question
I had pins and needles...
I had pins and needles all over but now it has got worse I feel like my body is burning.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Neurology
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Neurologist: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Are you on any medications?

Do you suffer from anxiety or severe stress?

Any investigations so far?

Do you have numbness in arms/ legs?

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

I am on blood pressure pills and Collestrol pills I do not suffer from anxiety or stress. no investigations so far I have numbness all over. I also have artificial knees.
can you email me please on***@******.***

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problem.

The symptoms you describe are callled Paresthesia.

It is an intermittent pins and needles sensation, thought to come from sensory nerves, the fine endings on the skin that are excited and sending signals to your brain.

It can occur due to-

-Radiculopathy- This is a condition, where nerve roots become compressed, irritated, or inflamed.

-Neuropathy-It occurs due to chronic nerve damage. The most common cause of neuropathy is hyperglycemia, or high blood sugar.

Other possible causes are-

-Hormonal disorder- like thyroid hormone imbalance
-Blood sugar disorder
-Liver/ Kidney disease
-Vitamin deficiencies .

You need to get detailed clinical examination and blood work. This includes-
-Nerve conduction velocity (NCV) tests
-Electromyography (EMG)
-Blood sugar levels, thyroid function tests, liver/kidney function tests.

The line of treatment is selected according to the cause.

For the time, you can take Tylenol and try to rest on a firm surface. Also you can take Vitamin B complex supplements. Gentle stretching exercises should help too.

I would recommend that you visit your primary doctor for evaluation and get it managed.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?

I am ONLINE for your help.

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to help you.

If you are done,then please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Thank you for your help, I have printed out your reply.

Dear,

Most Welcome.

God bless you !!

Thanks for using justanswer.com