Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

The report from my wife's MRI says... Focal signal

Customer Question
The report from my wife's...
The report from my wife's MRI says...
Focal signal abnormality is noted in the dorsal aspect of the mid left pons, and extending distally in a ventral direction, into the medulla, where it seems to cross over the midline. This may represent signal abnormality within the central tegmental tract and may be indicative of underlying inflammatory changes. A post contrast study is recommended for additional assesment. At that time, sagittal and coronal FLAIR sequences should be obtained as well.FYI, even our PCP had no idea what any of this meant.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Neurology
11/12/2017
Neurologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Still need help?