Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have just been told after having a MRI scan that Ive got a…

Customer Question
I have just been...

I have just been told after having a MRI scan that Ive got a small tumour on the right Hippocampus Ive also learnt via a letter that I have alesion with high T2 and flare signals in the medial aspect of the right temporal lobe invvlving yhe uncus What does all that mean please

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

I will be as it is all new to me

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

The letter also says This consistent with Dyembryoplastic Neuroepithelial tumour

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Neurology
11/12/2017
Neurologist: Dr. David, Board Certified MD replied 8 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified MD

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

are you male or female?

have you had headaches or other brain symptoms? dizziness, nausea?

why was this MRI scan done in the first place?

you need to be referred to see a neurosurgeon to see if you can get a biopsy of this area to confirm what is going on in the brain to cause the MRI scan finding

let me know if you have questions.