Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Having tingling sensations down my arms and ankles. Health…

Customer Question
Having tingling sensations down...

Having tingling sensations down my arms and ankles

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Health is good turning my neck cause tingling down both arms could be cervical arthritis

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'm taking eliqius does that have any similar side effects

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Neurology
11/10/2017
Neurologist: vakularen, Other replied 8 months ago
vakularen
vakularen, Other

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and i will he;lp with your query.Yes,Eliquis /Apixaban is known to cause tingling and numbness in the legs and other parts of the body.It would be prudent to discuss this ,as well as get examined for cervical nerve root compression problems.You may need a MRI scan to assess the cervical spine and the the nerves emanating from there.Compression of nerve roots at C5-6,C6-7 may cause such symptoms in the arms and hands.Other causes will include severe stress and anxiety which is known to cause tingling,Vitamin B12 deficiency and other causes of peripheral neuropathy may also cause such symptoms.It would ber prudent to discuss this with your doctor who can examine and investigate you as per the physical findings.