Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

How much does it generally cost to get an eeg done? I was…

Customer Question
How much does it...

How much does it generally cost to get an eeg done?

Doctor's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Neurologist's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

I was told I have been having abnormal seizures and need to get tests done to see what is going on and I am trying to do that as soon as possible so I can go to work without worry.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Do you offer payment over time or does it have to be paid all at once? I have seen a doctor, no medication, just started these past couple days

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Lots...

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Neurology
11/9/2017
Neurologist: DrRussMd, Board Certified MD replied 8 months ago
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

I have researched your question.

In the united states, depending on the facility and what type of EEG, the average cost is going to be 200 to 700 dollars.

Of course, this has to be ordered by a doctor trained in neurology which is usually an internist or neurologist.

OK, let me know if you have more questions and I will help.

Also: Hopefully this helps and I have earned a 5 rating from you today. [This has to be clicked on the rating scale on your page.] A 5 rating specifically allows me to have full credit and continue my accurate service as well as providing follow up to you as needed, and it costs you nothing more.