Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

I am 67 .was told I have 2 fractured in my neck in the back.

Should I see a dr...
I am 67 .was told I have 2 fractured in my neck in the back. Should I see a dr. and what kind ?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: I found out about 8 months ago .some numbness and feel bones/ cracking when moving my head side to side. Also have osteopenia.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Just finished radiation for breast cancer and found a 4.3 buldge in my aorta .
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/20/2017
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I am sorry to hear about your health. As a neurologist I frequently diagnose & treat this type of health situation and I can certainly help you in this regard.

I am currently preparing & typing my answer and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready.

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

I am almost done with my typing I will follow up with you very soon.

Best Regards!

Once again I am sorry to hear about your health. And you have expressed your concerns about the fractures that are present in the spine (the vertebral bones of the spine).

I see you found this out about 8 months ago and it appears to me this condition has not been further evaluated and managed by any Dr so far, and you have appropriately inquired - whether any need to see a Dr, and what kind of Dr

Please see the fractures of the bones in the spine can be managed by a neurologist, or a neurosurgeon or an orthopaedist. First you need a thorough neurological examination in the clinic followed by any further investigations as necessary and then a decision will be made on what will be the best course of treatment to manage these fractures in the spine.

The treatment or management of fractures in the spine usually include the following;

Identifying the cause for this fracture, and if any cause is identified to treat it appropriately

A course of physical therapy

Spinal brace to limit the movements of the spine and facilitate the healing of the fractures

Pain medications, nerve-pain pills, muscle relaxants etc as necessary

If the above conservative treatment options are not sufficiently helping then certain special procedures such as Vertebroplasty or kyphoplasty etc can be tried and these treatments can help in fixing the fractures and also help in resolving the symptoms you have been having secondary to this spinal issue.

Once again to your main question - Whether any need to see a Dr, and what kind of Dr – Yes, please see it is necessary to see doctors for this type of health situation involving the spine, and as mentioned earlier above you may try to see one of the specialist doctors such as a neurologist or neurosurgeon or an orthopaedist . Any of these above mentioned medical specialists - who are experts in diagnosing and treating spine conditions - can help you with the treatment & management of these bone fractures you are having in your spine

Please see, this type of health condition can be diagnosed and successfully treated, so please not to be scared or not to lose hopes, and please try to see one of the medical specialists mentioned above asap, for the best results.

Wishing you a quick & complete recovery! And also Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)