Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Almost two years i got the shingles in my head it comes down…

Customer Question
Almost two years i...

Almost two years i got the shingles in my head it comes down on my left side of my forehead and bothers my eyebroun

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?

About a year no helps me my family said nothing is there to help me

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that i think of

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Neurology
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/6/2017
Neurologist: drphophalia, Other replied 10 months ago
drphophalia

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Were you diagnosed post herpetic neuralgia?

What are your present medications?

First-line treatments for post herpetic neuralgia (PHN) are;

1) tricyclic antidepressants,

2) gabapentin

3 pregabalin, and

4) topical lidocaine 5% patch.

Second line treatment:

Opioids,

tramadol,

capsaicin cream, and

capsaicin 8% patch.

Therapies that have demonstrated effectiveness for other types of neuropathic pain;

serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors,

carbamazepine and valproic acid, and

botulinum toxin.

Invasive procedures such as sympathetic blockade, intrathecal steroids, and implantable spinal cord stimulators also are good for PHN.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl