Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I am having a throbbing sensation in my left forearm. This…

Customer Question
Hello, I am having...

Hello, I am having a throbbing sensation in my left forearm. This has been happening intermittently since last week. I am at work now, and two of my fingers have sensitivity.

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have frequent headaches? Any issues with coordination or balance?

I had an headache earlier today

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

I did feel a sense of nausea this morning

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had wrist surgery about a year ago to remove a cyst. I started to work out again about three months ago and stopped due to wrist soreness.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Neurology
10/2/2017
Neurologist: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 10 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Have you ever had this before?

Which fingers are involved?

No, I have notMy thumb and index finger

OK

Most likely with that distribution this is carpal tunnel syndrome with a compression of the median nerve at the wrist level

It's possible it could be a disk pressing on a nerve root in your neck also

I suggest you see your doctor for an exam, an MRI of the neck and nerve conduction studies of the arm to see which of those is the problem

Please let me know if you need any more information