Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Karayan:). I’m a healthy, moderately active 34 yr old. 5’

Customer Question
Hi Dr Karayan:). I’m a...
Hi Dr Karayan:). I’m a healthy, moderately active 34 yr old. 5’ 5”, eat healthy, weigh 122lbs. I’ve noticed increased brain fog (over the last almost year).. sometimes so bad I can’t remember if I’ve had certain experiences myself or if I watched it in a movie.. sometimes I can’t even remember whole conversations that I’ve had with people. My memory does seem to be getting worse- it definitely seems poor a lot of the time for someone my age- and with no extreme stress. I’m also always tired enough that I could come home and take a nap if someone offered it to me. I could even go back to sleep for hours just after waking up from a long nights sleep. Seems weird to me. I’m not depressed, I’m a really happy person- but I don’t know why I’m tired so much if I eat healthy etc. I don’t know if this is relevant or not, but I’m also always really thirsty even though I drink over 1/2 gallon water each day, and no sodas?? My husband jokes I drink too much water.
Bigger reason for my questions... I just took a long flight for a vacation (23 hours flying time each way). The day before my flight home, my left thigh (all around; top/inner/outer and in back) turned super painful to the touch. My skin was hurting. No sunburn, no rash, no swelling, not hot to the touch. Just really painful for no reason that I can find. My back was hurting pretty bad a couple days ago in the middle left of my spine. (Near kidneys?).. but that’s gone. Any thoughts? I was worried about DVT.. but then with the other symptoms of memory and being tired a lot I was concerned it may be even more than that? When I try and symptom check online it mentions Fybromyalgia, diabetes, etc. Do you feel my symptoms are serious enough that I should go to ER?.. wait for a doctor appt?.. not sure what to have done as my symptoms seem all over the place. Blood draw/leg ultrasound?.. thoughts?
Thank you so much for your time
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Neurology
10/1/2017
Neurologist: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 7 months ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi Robyn, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions. The expert to whom this question was initially addressed is not available now and the company has made this question available for other experts too, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I am sorry to hear about your health. As a neurologist I frequently diagnose & treat this type of health situation and I can certainly help you in this regard.

First I need to ask few questions so that I can gather more information related to your health concerns and I will follow up with you and post my questions here ASAP. I am typing the questions now and I will follow up with you as soon as I am ready with my questions.

Best Regards,

Dr Subbanna MD

Kindly answer to these questions, this will help me in gathering additional information related to your health concerns;

1) Approximately for how long are you having these symptoms?

2) Have you already seen a doctor for this issue, and have you had any tests/medical investigations done already? If yes, kindly provide me with the report of these tests

3) Do you also experience symptoms like fever, weight loss, weight gain, headaches, neck stiffness, shaking of the hands (tremors), weakness of the arms or legs on one side of the body, facial droop, speech or swallowing difficulties, gait difficulties etc?

4) Do you snore in the night?

5) Do you sometimes fall down or collapse on to the ground without proper explanation?

6) Do you experience any hallucinations, especially when you fall sleep or just wake up?

7) Do you have cold intolerance?

8) What are your current treatments? And what are the treatments you have already tried other than your current treatments?

9) Do you have any already diagnosed medical health conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, or any other?

Kindly reply

Best Regards!

Hi, have you received the questions I have posted above? I hope you are not encountering any technical glitches to reply to me. If you require more time it is perfectly fine and I will wait here. Kindly try to reply to the above questions when you can, and I can certainly help you with your health concerns regarding the multiple health symptoms you have mentioned above.

Or do you want only Dr Karayan answer this question? If so please let me know and I will opt-out from this question. I am very familiar with the health symptoms you have mentioned above and I can certainly help you with your health questions, but if you rather prefer Dr Karayan to assist you then please let me know. When I replied to this question it appeared Dr Karayan was not available, but if you are willing to wait and if you prefer only Dr Karayan to assist you with your health concerns then please let me know and I will opt-out from this question and make this question available to him.

Kindly reply and let me know how I should proceed further

Best Regards!

Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)