Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been in 10 pain for months, I had a nerve ablation L5…

Customer Question
I have been in...

I have been in 10 pain for months, I had a nerve ablation L5 L4 L3 and still in pain i cant walk anymore. I can't see anyone for 2 months would it be best to go to the emergency room

Doctor's Assistant: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have a 6 level fusion whole lumbar fused to scrum, pain meds do not work anymore

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Neurology
9/29/2017
Neurologist: Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD) replied 10 months ago
Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I am sorry to hear about your health situation. As a neurologist I frequently diagnose & treat this type of health situation and I can certainly help you in this regard.

First I need to ask few questions so that I can gather more information related to your health concerns and I will follow up with you and post my questions here ASAP. I am typing the questions now and I will follow up with you as soon as I am ready with my questions.

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Kindly answer to these questions, this will help me in gathering additional information related to your health concerns;

1) How old are you?

2) What are your current treatments? And what are the treatments you have already tried other than your current treatments?

Please try to mention all those treatments you might have already tried (medications & non-medication treatments, everything) so that I do not recommend those same treatments that you have already tried. If you could give me the list of all the treatments that you have already tried it will help me to recommend something new that you have not already tried

3) Are you having any difficulties with controlling the bowel and the bladder?

Kindly reply

Best Regards!

I am 62 years old. I have a
MRN: 235400 file PT: KNIE, KENNETH P DOB: 07***** PINTO
MY LOWER LEGS ARE NUMB SO I CANNOT WALK SEVER PAIN 24/7
DR JON LUTZ DID THE NEVER ABLATION IT HAS BEEN 7 WEEKS NOW AND GETTING WORSE EVERYDAY
I HAVE BEEN BED RIDDEN SINCE JUNE

Hi, I am sorry I am not in a position to do the phone service due to certain technical constraints. I will opt-out from this question so that another expert who is able to offer phone service may try to assist you with your health situation. Please wait for the next expert.

Please try to avoid replying to this post otherwise this question may get locked back to me again and prevent other experts from taking up your question.

Wishing you all the very best!

Best Regards!

ARE YOU ABLE TO GET MY MRN?
Right now my pain in ht lower back spreading to my sides to rib cages down to my waist line. enough pain to buckel me over.
plus both legs numbs in my legs knees down to the point as of today can hardly stand up.
treaments: CT pain shot medial block with novacine that worked till it wore off,
then nerve ablation after the ablation is whats left me in such bad shape.
HYDROMORPHONE 4MG 2 EVERY TWO 8HRS, REDUCES PAIN LEVEL TO A 2 PAIN LEVEL AS LONG AS I DONT MOVE
IF I MOVE IT AGGRAVATES THE PAIN LEVEL TO A PAIN LEVEL 10 STABBING PAIN LOWER BACK FEELS LIKE A BELT IS BEING TIGHTENED AROUND MY WAIST
Neurologist: Dr. David, Board Certified MD replied 10 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified MD

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you are in such pain.

we can't access your medical records number. that is against privacy and HIPAA laws.

we are here to answer medical questions.

we can not give out prescriptions for clients here

you need to see a pain management doctor and talk about a spinal nerve electrical stimulator implant to see if that can help decrease your pain

do you live in a state where medical marijuana is legal? this could help decrease your pain.

you have to accept additional phone consult services if you would like to talk by phone today.

MY MAJOR CONCERN IS LOSING FUNCTION OF MY LEGS I HAVE AIWAYS HAD NUMBNESS AND TINGLING IN MY RIGHT LEG SINCE 2002
NOW SINCE THE ABLATION IT HAS BECOME WORSE

well, a nerve ablation can cause worse numbness and weakness in your legs.

your doctors should have advised you about this potential risk with a nerve ablation.

have you consulted with pain management doctors before about the pain in your back

THERE WAS A DISCLAIMER OF PARLARALIZATION
HE IS LOOKING TO DO A PAIN SHOT TO THE S1 JOINTS

those pain shots and nerve blocks usually are temporary to help decrease pain.

WHAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT MY ABILITY TO WALK

you can see a neurologist and get some nerve conduction studies.

you should try physical therapy

you may benefit from a spinal stimulator to help decrease back pain.

a lidocaine patch on your back could help decrease pain.

you should try to get some medical marijuana

you should try acupuncture for your back.

you should eat more protein and cut out carbs and sugars out of your diet to help you loose weight.

IF I GO TO THE EMERENCY ROOM CAN THAT SPEED UP THE PROCESS TO GET NERVE STUDY?

it could

you can go to the ER

the ER doctors can see you there

they can evaluate you for possible hospital admission

they can ask for a neurology doctor to come see you in the hospital.

they can also treat your pain in the hospital as well

and get you hooked up to see pain management doctors.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com