Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have ankolosing Spondylitis for well over 15 years. In the…

Customer Question
I have ankolosing Spondylitis...

I have ankolosing Spondylitis for well over 15 years. In the past few months I have been getting headaches that begin on the back of my neck (the area most affected by the A.S.). I have not been on any meds for the A.S. but I have used Alleve when the pain bothered me. Should I have a neuro work-up to rule out any other neurological causes for the heafdach or should I just get my PCP to prescribe something like E,mbrel for the A.S. and see if that relieves the headaches. I am 71 years old.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

No nausea and the headaches have become almost daily. They also go away on their own after I have been awake for an hour or so.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I take .5 mgs ok Klonopin, 150 mgs of effexor, 20 mgs of a statin and I take finasteride for my enlarged prostate.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Neurology
9/28/2017
Neurologist: DrRussMd, Board Certified MD replied 10 months ago
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Have you had a recent MRI of the necK?