Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I was diagnosed with Ramsey Hunt Syndrome. Prior to the

Customer Question
I was diagnosed with...

I was diagnosed with Ramsey Hunt Syndrome. Prior to the symptoms I had a severe allergic reaction to Lysol. Could the allergic reaction that attacked my immune system cause such a virus to become activated?

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have frequent headaches? Any issues with coordination or balance?

Yes on both

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had blisters on my body and rash two weeks following the allergic reaction. Then facial paralysis, ear and eye pain, droopy left side of face, confusion, ticking noise in my ear, vertigo like feeling

Doctor's Assistant: Are you experiencing any dizziness? Do you have a fever?

I had chicken pox 3 times as a child and shingles in 1997

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Neurology
9/28/2017
Neurologist: DrRussMd, Board Certified MD replied 10 months ago
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

No.

There is no evidence anywhere that lysol would have had anything to do with the virus.

NO one has ever studies such a connection.

Could there be a connection? No medical knowledge as to that.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.