Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Is surgery a good idea for my condition?

Customer Question
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Neurology
9/27/2017
Neurologist: Dr. RK, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr. RK
Dr. RK, Doctor

Dear customer,

what are the symptoms you are having?

what surgery were you suggested?

I have chronic pain on my lower lumbar.Tough to tie shoes. L3,4,5
Two herniated discs. Taking tramadol since 2009. On max dose and not as effective. Much success with Tylenol 3s 3 times a day and may switch to that pain mgmt doctor who prescribed it in 09' with pt.
The current pain mgmt does shots after shots. Epidural lasts 3 weeks. Facet block 5. Need laser surgery? So expensive even with the co pay. Can you help me?
Thanks , Jimmy
I just want my life back.

Dear customer,

The herniated disc is common problem and if the medications are not working then surgery is good option in such patients.If your pain in not controlled with the above drugs then you may opt for surgery for the herniated disc after consulting a good neurosurgeon.

If its not affordable then you may opt to get it operated under medical tourism plan in other country where there are good surgeons and good worldclass facility(JCI accreditated hospitals).

Let me know if you have any doubt or need any more info.

Please rate me positive if you are satisfied with my service.

Thank you