Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a right arm shoulder which is very stiff and hurts a…

Customer Question
I have a right...

I have a right arm shoulder which is very stiff and hurts a lot. I did 3 sessions of acupuncture but did not help. I would like to see a neurologist in Manhattan today

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

A bit of swelling yes now it seems to be connected with my neck too

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Just that I travel a lot and work under lots of preasure emergency management kind of work

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Neurology
9/26/2017
Neurologist: drphophalia, Other replied 9 months ago
drphophalia

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

The causes of consideration would be;

1) Bicipital tendinitis

2) Frozen shoulder

3) Rotator cuff disease

4) Cervical radiculopathy

Majority of people with above problems will respond to physical therapy alone. The program should be aggressive, daily and assisted by the physical therapist. The regimen consists of active and active-assistive range-of-motion exercises combined with stretching. Pain may occur early but within six to eight weeks progress is usually made. Other treatment modalities such as heat and massage may help. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory analgesics may also be beneficial. Deep electrotherapy in the form of short wave diathermy, Interferential current, trans cutaneous electrical stimulation, iontophoresis, phonophoresis also are very helpful initially.

Those people who do not respond to the initial physical therapy are considered for the following;

1) A subacromial corticosteroid injection

2) A glenohumeral intra articular injection

Following investigations would be required;

1) X-ray of the neck spine

2) MRI of the neck and shoulder

3) Nerve conduction velocity (NCV) study

4) Electromyography (EMG)

You can consult following specialists;

a) Orthopedist

b) Neurologist

c) MD in Physical medicine and rehabilitation

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Can you recommend a neurologist that I can visit? and a orthopedist?

I am extremely sorry. I am not in the area.

Best would be to see a specialist attached to the hospital of medical school.

It is privilege assisting you.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

ok thanks

You are very welcome.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Stay blessed.