Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Waekness on left side balance problems

Customer Question
waekness on left side balance problems
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Neurology
9/25/2017
Neurologist: drphophalia, Other replied 10 months ago
drphophalia

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

Since when are your symptoms?

age is 61 yrs symptoms are for 3 months

You need extensive physical therapy. Please read this resource for the exercises;

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/883878-overview#showall

Exercises are graded in difficulty based on velocity of head and object motion and by progression of body positioning from sitting to standing to walking. The exercises are graded in difficulty by narrowing the base of support, making the surface uneven, or changing the surface from firm to soft. Varied walking exercises are graded in difficulty by changing direction, requiring performance with the eyes closed, increasing speed of ambulation, walking on soft surfaces, or navigating stairs. An aerobic exercise home program progressively increasing the time, speed, or distance that the patient could tolerate also can be initiated. All of these may need supervision of a doctor.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl