Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I tingiling in my legs and buttocks I have type 2 diabeates…

Customer Question
I tingiling in my...

I tingiling in my legs and buttocks I have type 2 diabeates also

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

Some in legs and ankles

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Had by pass 2 years ago

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Neurology
9/21/2017
Neurologist: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

It is not clear what question you are asking.

One of the complications of diabetes is an adverse effect on peripheral nerves, called diabetic neuropathy. This can cause tingling, and also can cause burning, pain or numbness. Whenever someone with diabetes develops any of these symptoms, the primary concern is whether diabetic neuropathy has developed.

Your doctor may be able to make a diagnosis based on the findings on exam, but if the diagnosis is still unclear based on the findings on exam, nerve conduction studies can be done.

Do you have a specific question about this issue?

I have not heard back regarding whether you have any additional questions, so I will finalize the answer. However, if you think of any further questions, please let me know.