Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a major problem that started about 10 years ago after…

Customer Question
Hello my name is...

Hello my name is ***** ***** i have a major problem that started about 10 years ago after i was drugged, beaten and robbed at a bar. Since then i have been extremely impaired mentally. I have trouble with both memory and thinking in addition when i am required to concentrate even moderately i feel like im going to pass out. Most of the time even simple thoughts are hard for me to complete. Ive seen several neurologists and thy cant find anything structurally wrong with my brain yet. My question is could my autoregulation have been messed up in the brain and my brain is just not getting teh required oxygen to function properly. Also is there any medication that keeps the arterioles of the brain dilated?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Nothing and nothing

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had depression and paranoia since then to

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Neurology
9/21/2017
Neurologist: drphophalia, Other replied 9 months ago
drphophalia

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

It is likely to be post concussion syndrome.

In this brain do not have any structural or anatomical changes but there are cognitive and functional changes in the brain.

Unfortunately we do not have any medical imaging or investigations which can assess these changes.

So there are medical issues whenever concussion occurs which keep on lingering for decades.

Please read these authentic resources;

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/post-concussion-syndrome/home/ovc-20343346

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMHT0024860/

It says;

A set of symptoms that may continue for weeks, months, or a year or more after a concussion. The condition is associated with a wide range of symptoms: physical, such as headache; cognitive, such as difficulty concentrating; and emotional and behavioral, such as irritability.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl