Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

My son is undergoing tests. He has intermittent pain usually…

Hello. My son is...

Hello. My son is undergoing tests. He has intermittent pain usually from above elbows to wrists. He apparently has a cluster of nerves in the empty space in upper chest?? Not sure how he was describing it. He couldn't remember the term. "Lewiston" or something like that?? He is booked to see a neurologist and other specialist in near future as well as scan. Just wondered if u could hazard a guess? Thx kindly.

Doctor's Assistant: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?

I'm sure his gp is. While working with the referrals. Just wondered if u knew a common syndrome name. It's not common per say, but neither is it rare

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He has poor posture from sitting long hours at a computer et al. They said this contributes to his condition. Otherwise quite healthy.

9/21/2017
drphophalia

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

This is likely to be thoracic outlet syndrome. Please read about it;

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/home/ovc-20237878

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3101069/

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thanks. Am happy with the response.

You are very welcome.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl
drphophalia