Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Is it unusual for 25 year old female to have shingles?

Customer Question
Is it unusual for...

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Blisters on side and belly with lots of pain. If her clothes touch it kills her.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Nothing makes it better the wind or touching it kills her. She thought she had the flu last week with fever and felt terrible. This week she has this rash with blisters.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

She's had chickenpox and a younger age.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Neurology
9/19/2017
Neurologist: drphophalia, Other replied 11 months ago
drphophalia

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

okay
NO

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

It is slightly unusual to get Shingles in a young lady.

Usually this happens in;

People above 60, diabetics, low body immunity, people who are on steroids or immunosuppressants and other reasons of lowered body resistance.

As she had flu which may have lowered her body immunity which may have predisposed for Shingles.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl