Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

A couple days ago I got elbowed in the nose and my nose is…

Customer Question
Hey! so a couple...

Hey! so a couple days ago I got elbowed in the nose and my nose is now swollen and slightly bruised and there is a little bit of a tingling/numbness feeling between my eyebrows.. should I go and see a doctor? or is it going to go away

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

I also have a deviated septum that I've had for a coupled of years and occasionally my nose hurts but nothing major to go see a doctor and swelling for about 3 days

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Neurology
9/19/2017
Neurologist: drphophalia, Other replied 8 months ago
drphophalia

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

If your symptoms are not increasing and symptoms are mild to moderate, following should be able to resolve it;

1) Ice compresses three to four times a day.

2) Motrin.

3) Avoid physical exertion (relative rest).

The tingling / numbness is due to pressure on the nerve due to swelling.

If they symptoms are severe, progressive or headache appear, you may go to doctor for the evaluation.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

thank you so much!

You are very welcome.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

drphophalia
drphophalia
drphophalia, Other