Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I I've had a variety of symptoms going on to include: gland…

Customer Question
I I've had a variety...
I I've had a variety of symptoms going on to include: gland pain under the chin and aching in the clavicle region, NO LUMPS present. Just ache. Also ache in my lower back mainly right side. Some vertigo snaps (3 in past 5 weeks). Migraines I've had for 15 years. They just came more regular lately. And I'm having 3 MRI's done this Tuesday. Brain, neck and spine. I've had brain done in 2005. Neuro would like to have a comparison of the brain done. Also developed a dry cough. Could be anxiety. I've had stress symptoms many times for years on and off but these pains and interference with my life has been over 3 months now with no normal days. I know. A lot of info. I'm. Scared right now before all these MRI's.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Neurology
Haven't lost appetite or had night sweats or fever. Which keeps me optimistic about it being possibly gall bladder related with side pains and breast pains going on for much longer than 7 days bf period. More like 10 days now.
Hello?
9/18/2017
Neurologist: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 8 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Sorry for the delay in response. What question do you have for me that I may answer for you?

I I've had a variety of symptoms...
I I've had a variety of symptoms going on to include: gland pain under the chin and aching in the clavicle region, NO LUMPS present. Just ache. Also ache in my lower back mainly right side. Some vertigo snaps (3 in past 5 weeks). Migraines I've had for 15 years. They just came more regularlately. And I'm having 3 MRI's done this Tuesday. Brain, neck and spine. I've had brain done in 2005. Neuro would like to have a comparison of the brain done. Also developed a dry cough. Could be anxiety. I've had stress symptoms many times for years on and off but these pains and interference with my life has been over 3 months now with no normal days. I know. A lot of info. I'm. Scared right now before all these MRI's.Also:

The fact that you haven't had a loss of appetite or night sweats or fevers is a good sign. Please let me know if you have any specific questions and I'm happy to answer them for you.

What causes pain in the lower back region behind kidneys? My kidney function is good? Also I'm puzzled about the pain under my jaw in the gland areas. Everyday. No swollen just aching. And no viral infections. I don't understand this
It's a burning pain and aching. Sometimes results in gas. But I've had dry ongoing cough as well. These things concern me

It could be muscle spasms or pinched nerve. If it was something more serious then you'd have a lot of weight loss and numbness and weakness in the lower extremities.

It could be referred pain from issues with the neck. It could be irritation of the salivary gland which are located in the same area as the lymph nodes. It can even be referred pain from TMJ.

The symptoms don't sound as thought they would be connected. If you indeed had an illness that involved all these different organs then you would be quite ill but you don't have the negative symptoms that I would expect which means that these symptoms are likely not related.

Thank you. Do you believe these 3 MRI's I'll be undergoing tomorrow will be telling? Spine neck and brain with dye.
Could all of this still possibly be from stress? And anxiety from being scared about the pains?

I suspect they will be normal which is very good news. Stress is possible, tension in the muscles and nerve is more likely which I suppose could be caused by stress if it's bad enough.

The dry coughing and back pain of course had me concerned about lung issues but I believe you are telling me I'd be sicker if this was the case.
I figure If I have these pains everywhere and dizzy/vertigo snaps and coughing. I'm guessing either anxiety exemplified (I hate to admit but am realistic) and or possible fibromyalgia? This would be my final question. Would that show on one of these scans tomorrow? Fibromalysia?

With a dry cough you wouldn't really have a lung issue. With a serious lung issue we'd expect either high fevers and severe shortness of breath as in the case of a Pneumonia or blood in the cough as with lung cancer.

I couldn't diagnose fibromyalgia over the internet but anytime you have pain it's always a possibility. Could wouldn't go along with FM.

FM wouldn't really show on any kind of testing, it needs to be done by a physical exam hopefully by a competent physician.

Ok thank you very much. I believe I have a pretty good doctor. First I've Seen him,,,he ordered the ANA and Sed rate Additional blood work along with these 3 MRI's to look at everything. And I'll report back to him next week. I've been very nervous about the long tests I'll be in for tomorrow and about the outcome. You have calmed my nerves by listening to my symptom list and answering. Thank you kindly!

Glad I could help.

Please click on "Rating" when ready.

If you have further questions please let me know.

Otherwise please click on "Rating".

Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD