Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Can Epilim cause full body essential tremor? No just two…

Can Epilim cause full...

Can Epilim cause full body essential tremor?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

No just two years of essential tremor while on epilim

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

THe neurologists have said I have Ataxia and quite severe essential tremor which makes normal daily life difficult. I was prescribed Epilim to augment the antidepressant but I'm about a week off Epilim and the shaking is quite minimal now.

9/17/2017
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Yes.

In fact tremor is one of the more common side effects.

You need to see your doctor however, as tremor has many causes.

Attributing it to the drug has to be done based on exam.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually at the top of the page]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed

DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD
I've had MRIs completed and all seems fine. I have essential tremor in the family but since I've stoppedEpilimit seems to be improving. What are your thoughts?

If it continues to improve it was the drug.

Stress makes it worse.Can you tell me more about the impact of Epilim on the CNS?
Not an essay that requires an advanced medical degree to dechipher. Can you please put the effects on the CNS in plain language?

In fact, we don't exactly know the long term effects.

Side effects are measured short term.

There is a concern that with some of this class of drugs, there can be long term cognitive dysfunction: problems with memory, calculations, etc.

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Want my help?
Dr Phil.
Epilim causes tremor by altering nerve impulses to the brain. This same thing alters nerve impulses to the body causing tremor

Thanks for this question

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have more questions, just reply