Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Over the period of 20 years or so I have had many tendon,

Customer Question
Over the period of...

Over the period of 20 years or so I have had many tendon, and ligament repairs from both shoulders to both elbows, and 2 repairs to my left foot. now o am about to have my left shoulder done again after 2 surgeries, now I have 2 more tears. my right hand is now affected with pain as well as both my elbows again. and my right shoulder is started with pain again. I don't know where to turn my drs. and my primary care don't seem to put this together bit it's got to be something. oh I am 54 year old female, that has been In retail for over 35 years. and I was active in both softball and basketball in school. please help me by heading in me in the right direction.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

Advil helps bit.the pain is always there until I can't take it any longer and seak medical care. which usually is surgery

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Once an body part starts hurting it just gets worst. until I can't take it any longer. between 6 moths to a year of constant pain. Have thyroid disease,high blood pressure, cholesterol issues

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Neurology
9/15/2017
Neurologist: Dr. David, Board Certified MD replied 11 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified MD

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

you should ask your doctor for testing for Ehlers-Danlos syndrome

which is a group of disorders that affect the connective tissues that support the skin, bones, blood vessels, and many other organs and tissues.

Defects in connective tissues can cause the signs and symptoms of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, which can cause mildly loose joints and problems with tendons and require many surgeries.

I have little to none flexibility I my joints