Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

I'm have been experiencing bad headaches for 3 days along

Customer Question

Good afternoon. I'm have been experiencing bad headaches for 3 days along with a stiff neck which is very painful and throbbing. I'm also dizzy. I don't get migraines but it feels like a migraine because I'm nauseaus.
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: Daily for the last 3 days and nausea is on and off
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: My son, daughter and brother have migraines. My niece died of a brain tumor. I had lymes disease 21 years ago but that's it for history.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having g bad headaches for 3 days along with a stiff neck is most likely due to migraine or a tension headache.Primary headache accounts for about 90% of all headaches.

Tension headache is the most common type of headache.It can be caused by tightened muscles in the back of the neck and scalp or in most cases the cause is unknown.This is the reason your neck is stiff.

Other causes can be neuralgia or temporal arteritis.

Most common causes of tension headache are:stress, muscular tension, vascular dilation, postural changes,anxiety,depression.

Treatment involves: Anti inflammatory medications, anti anxiety pills.

The goals of preventive treatment are to reduce the frequency and intensity of headaches.

Your doctor may prescribe preventive therapy such as antidepressants, beta-blockers, or anticonvulsants(like gabapentin).

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor for clinical examination so as to confirm the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer

If you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

I am online & I am waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh