How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Mark Your Own Question
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 1985
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Mark is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son has been hospitalized since May 24th..a very story

Customer Question

My son has been hospitalized since May 24th..a very long story short..he was admitted with severe pneumonia..he couldn't breathe and they intubated him and he went into cardiac arrest. Three days later he "coughed" the tube and went into cardiac arrest again. He has a trach and he seems to recognize people and responding. Two weeks ago he started shaking uncontrollably..they did MRI and EEG...but no seizure activity. They have tried different meds, but no good. ( my son is 23 years old and has not been out of bed since he got PT either). I feel he is going you recommend any medication that these people may have overlooked? I am at my wits end... Thank you for listening..
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: No cough...
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Did you read what wrote about my son?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry about your son

your son needs to have heart testing to see why he went into cardiac arrest

he needs blood troponin and CKMB tested to see if he has damaged his heart muscle

he should get a cardiac echocardiogram.

he should be having a heart doctor (cardiologist) and a neurologist (nerve doctor) seeing him daily to find out what is going on.