Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Over the past few months I have worsened. My symptoms are…

Customer Question
Over the past few months...
Over the past few months I have worsened. My symptoms are blurred vision, vertigo, weakness, fatigue, weight loss and pain in my head. The pain in my head is not headaches. My head feels like I'm on the verge of being drunk. At times I lose the ability to write or hold on to things. I see a physician today and would like any suggestions that would aid in my diagnosis.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Neurology
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/11/2017
Neurologist: drphophalia, Other replied 11 months ago
drphophalia

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Thank you

Hello Tammy,

You need an MRI or a CT scan of the head. A space occupying lesion in brain or loss of blood supply or aneurysm can be the possibilities.

Following are the other common causes in your age group;

1) Acoustic neuroma
2) Vestibular neuronitis
3) Inner ear diseases; mainly these are autoimmune disorders and may have other issues associated like arthritis.
4) Benign Paroxysmal positional vertigo.
5) Migraine
6) Meniere disease.

7) Neuropathy

Following are the investigations which will clinch the diagnosis;

1) audiometry,
2) vestibular tests.

The most commonly performed vestibular tests are as follows:

Electronystagmography (ENG)The rotating-chair test, also referred to as sinusoidal harmonic acceleration (SHA), Computerized dynamic posturography (CDP).
3) blood tests for autoimmune disorders,
4) computed tomography (CT), and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl