Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have a tingling sensation on the left side of my face, and

Customer Question

Hello. I have a tingling sensation on the left side of my face, and the back of head, and neck pain. I am not sure if this is related to a cold but it is very worrying. The symptoms started about 2 days ago and it hasn't gone away.
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: No nausea. And it comes and goes throughout the day. It gets worse after a lay down and try to go to sleep
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have a history of allergies and sinus issues but I have never had these symptoms before
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Chip (M.D.) replied 1 month ago.

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Have you ever had anything like this before?

How long does the tingling last?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello, I have not had this feeling before. I thought it was sinus pressure but it feels more like a tingling feeling where my cheek is and near my temple area. And it lasts for a few hours after waking up

OK

Nothing too serious here

That's actually a common side effect of a sinus infection but you also are having a tension headache from spasms of your neck muscles

For now you can try oral problotics and a saline nasal irrigation system and over the counter topical capsaicin cream to the back of your neck, but if this persists beyond another three days you need to see your doctor for an exam and a prescription for oral antibiotics

Please let me know if you need any more information